Start a donation drive or donate to one near you!
The Salvation Army is happy to coordinate with local organizations, individuals and groups in starting a donation drive to support those in need in the community.
Types of drives include (but are not limited to):
- Angel Tree
- Coats for Kids
- Toy Drives
- Clothing Drives
- Food Drives
- School Supply Drives
- Toiletry Drives
- Monetary Donation Drives
Not interested in starting your own drive, but would like to donate towards an existing donation drive near you? View our list of current donation drives in Alaska below.
Current Donation drives
Anchorage Coats for Kids
Collecting gently-used and new coats for children in grades K-12 from July 29 - August 23, 2019. View the flyer here for more information.
- Able Body Shop - (Midtown) 1111 East Dowling Road, (Downtown) 1550 Gambell Street and (South) 7700 Homer Drive
- Afognak Native Corporation - 3909 Arctic Blvd.
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium - 3900 Ambassador Drive
- Bass Pro Shop - 3046 Mountain View Dr.
- Bristol Bay Native Corp. - 111 W. 16th Avenue
- Doyon, Limited - 11500 C Street
- Eagle River Automotive - 16907 Hanson Drive, Eagle River
- Fireweed Dry Cleaners - 2102 Abbott Road & 500 E. Fireweed Lane
- First Christian Methodist - 3600 Macinnes St.
- Kriner's Burgers and Pies - 2704 Mountain View Drive, Ste. #151
- Matson - 1717 Tidewater Road
- NANA Regional Corporation - 909 W. 9th Ave.
- Northrim Bank - 3111 C Street, Ste. #150
- Olgoonik Corp. - 3201 C Street, Ste. #700
- The Alaska Club - (South) O'Malley Centre Dr., (East) 5201 E. Tudor Road, (West) 1400 W. Northern Lights Blvd. and (Eagle River) 12001 Business Blvd.
- The Crossing - 22208 Birchwood Loop
- The Salvation Army Alaska Division - 143 E. 9th Avenue
- Umialik Insurance Co. - 725 E. Fireweed Lane, Ste .500
- Wells Fargo - 301 W. Northern Lights Blvd.
Back-to-School Donation Drives for Kids in Grades K-12
The Salvation Army will be collecting back to school supplies at all Fred Meyer locations in Alaska July 22 - August 23, 2019. To view a general school supply list, please click here.
Start Your Own Donation Drive
View the Donation Drive Toolkit here to learn more about how you can host your own donation drive.
Steps for holding a donation drive:
- Pick a type of donation drive and your (Start - End) dates
- Spread the word about your donation drive and start collecting donated goods or $
- Drop-off the items or call The Salvation Army to pick-up the donations! (If you're feeling motivated, take a photo of the donated items with your group and send to email@example.com to spread the word via social media about your awesome work!)
We would be happy to advertise your donation drive for The Salvation Army on our website and local social media channels! Learn more about how you can start a donation drive by contacting The Salvation Army Alaska Division at (907) 276-2515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.